Thursday 2 April 2009

Neon Metropolis

Well... this is it. The first step of a thousand miles. It may sound pretentious, but it really is true. Every single day countless numbers of people start blogs, with ideas to put across and feelings to explore. I suppose many never really get that far, just passing interests that people drop when they become bored, but everyone starts out with one goal. How we go about it is down to the individual, as because we are exactly that: individual. It's like life in a way; we're all trying to survive, from the moment of conception, it's just what we do to achieve survival (and how successful we are) that changes.

Why Neon Metropolis? We all live in one, don't we? Our lives are filled, wherever we are, with noise and colour, often flashing by so quickly we don't even notice. I got the idea for this blog this morning, when I simply stopped for a moment, to take it all in. The sky was clear, with a few wispy clouds and the air was crisp. It was amazing, considering I was just going to catch the bus to school. 

I know this is probably coming across as self-important, maybe even preachy, and it's possible that teenage arrogance is making me feel like I'm the first one to experience these things. I bet most people have, but in spite of this I still want to get the word out. So please look past this opening of big words and grandeur, as like a lot of bloggers I'll only ever use this to talk about mundane everyday things, which I hope won't be too dull. Occasionally if the mood strikes I'll write another one of these introspective ramblings, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Anyway, without any further introduction, I'd like to once again welcome to my Neon Metropolis. I hope you enjoy yourself, feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think.

-Neon

No comments:

Post a Comment